In order to help you enjoy your stay at the Domaine Saint Joseph , our housekeepers Alex, a trained chef who is passionate about local, organic and seasonal produce, can offer you various options, from a light continental breakfast, to a full four course meal with amuses-bouches to kick start the whole thing off.
Alex's cooking is predominantly organic and locally sourced sourced. The dishes are fresh and a good blend of traditional with contemporary touches and the presentation is always superb.
Alex keeps an element of the traditional, creating well known French and other classics dishes whilst adding a modern twist of his own. He uses wholesome products including locally milled olive oil and focusing on the use of natural sugars and ingredients such as honey rather than using refined foods.
Alex particularly enjoys mediterranean cuisine which puts emphasis on in-season fresh fruit and sun-kissed vegetables as well as traditional cereals and pulses sourced both from our own garden or from small, local, organic producers. For example, local goat's cheeses from the village goat-herd (whose goats and sheep often enjoy a bit of grazing at the domaine), as well as locally grown organic veggies and locally produced meat.
Laurine, Alex's wife, is passionate about healthy eating and 'raw foods' , putting emphasis on getting the most out of the what we eat. She will impress you with her incredible home-baking skills, producing wonderful sourdough breads, using wholemeal, wholewheat and Spelt flour amongst others.
Laurine and Alex offer fabulous aperitif plates in which Laurine can include her own home-made pickles and lacto-fermented vegetables.
Alex and Laurine would be delighted to help you enjoy your stay and can offer you chef standard home-cooked meals. They are also very happy to adapt meals according to your needs, tastes and any special requirements (vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy free)
48hrs notice would be required for any meal order.
To get off to a good start, breakfast can be served in the walled garden on the lovely terrace, shaded by vines or at the farmhouse kitchen table.
Choices of breakfast can include the following:
Freshly brewed coffee, tea or organic hot chocolate.
Selection of homemade jams
yoghurt , home-made granola
As a more substantial option, you can also request a brunch style breakfast including our own fresh eggs, fresh organic farm cheese or other savoury options.
As each group is different and has varying requirements, Alex and Laurine can offer you a variety of options:
- There is a choice of dishes from our set menu and you can choose between the meal being laid up and served up for you or alternatively, having the meal prepped in advance for you and left for you to serve up yourselves.
- We also offer an option to cook meals inspired or requested by you and using your own ingredients.
- Another option would the BBQ. Alex and Laurine can help you prepare your cuts of meat to perfection on a wood fired BBQ in the outdoor summer kitchen. This can be accompanied by roast potatoes, marinated vegetables and salads as per your choice.
- Alex and Laurine can also make a fine selection of aperitifs or cheese platters to accompany your sundowner drink on the west terrace by the boules pitch as the sun goes down behind the Besillon mountain.
- Morning delivery of fresh bread and pattisseries from the local bakery. (Boulangerie Lou Gourmandises in Cotignac)
- Delivery of fresh meat from the local butcher. (Boucherie Chez Vincent à Cotignac)
- Shopping and delivery fromCotignac (Spar) or Salernes (Intermarché, Biocoop)
- Mid-stay clean / refresh of the house. (Areas often requested: Kitchen, Summer kitchen, bathrooms etc...).